Access tab in Options
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Secondary storage - path to the secondary storage (e.g. a DVD drive) where large multimedia files are stored. If this path is left empty then the secondary storage path will be equal to the primary storage path, i.e. the path where the collection is located. You can move files of a given registry from a DVD to your hard disk with Tools : Internalize files on the registry menu. If you then delete the secondary storage path, you will be able to use the collection without a DVD drive.
- Access level - determines the difficulty level of SuperMemo (same as in File : Level):
- Beginner - provides only the most fundamental options: Learn, Add new, Contents, Search, etc.
- Basic - adds the possibility of creating and editing components, editing titles, etc.
- Middle - add many options of advanced user without rarely used options available only on the Professional level
- Professional - provides access to all options implemented in SuperMemo
- Default element - default element that is displayed when Esc is pressed or when the collection is first opened. To clear the default element, press Esc in the Contents window while selecting the default element
- Password - password that is asked at the moment of opening a collection. Caution: SuperMemo does not use any sophisticated encryption; this password is easy to crack. Please do not store confidential data in your collection as this could easily be inspected with any file editor. Nevertheless, the password can be useful to prevent your kids from messing with your learning material or your colleague making accidental repetitions with your collection
- Compile lexicon on-the-fly - request for a lexicon of words used in your collection to be compiled as you add new material. Leave this unchecked unless your collection is very small. This way your lexicon will only be rebuilt when you run File : Repair collection and check Rebuild lexicon. The lexicon is the list of all words used in the collection and is available with Search : Lexicon on the main menu. Remember that if you uncheck this option, your lexicon may include words that no longer exist in your collection and may not list words from newly added texts