Installing SuperMemo (in a minute)
To install SuperMemo on your computer do the following:
Order and download
- Order and download SuperMemo 19:
- Go to the SuperMemo Store home page
- Click Add to cart corresponding to SuperMemo 19 for Windows (this will add SuperMemo 19 to your shopping cart)
- Click Check out
- Click the large PayPal button at the Express checkout section at the top of the page. This will open a PayPal pop-up box which you will use to log into your PayPal account. Once you are in, review the displayed information, and click the Continue to Review Order at the bottom of the pop-up window. This will redirect you to the Payment page back in SuperMemo Store
- Click Pay now
- Once your order has been processed and you file(s) prepared, click Download Now under SuperMemo 19
- In the Save As dialog box, in the Navigation pane along the left side of the dialog box, click the Desktop button, then click Save to download SuperMemo 19 Install Wizard (i.e. sm19inst.exe) onto the desktop. The Install Wizard is a program that does the entire installation for you
- Run the downloaded installer file sm19inst.exe to install and run SuperMemo 19
- Click the "Click here to register SuperMemo" red bar
- Fill out and send the registration form
- Unlock SuperMemo with your unlock password sent in response to your registration (within a business day)
If you are a computer beginner, please read Installing SuperMemo for Beginners. It offers step-by-step instructions for downloading, copying files, and upgrading from earlier versions of SuperMemo, or updating SuperMemo to the latest release build.
In 5 seconds (brute force)
To uninstall, delete the folder in which you installed SuperMemo.
Remember that this will likely delete everything related to SuperMemo: collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc. Deleting the folder manually may still leave 2-3 entries in Windows registry (if you let SuperMemo run in administrator mode).
In 30 seconds (smart)
You can uninstall SuperMemo (without removing your learning material) if you follow these steps:
- Run Control Panel
- In the Control Panel window, choose Uninstall program (in older Windows Uninstall or change a program)
- In the Uninstall or change a program window, scroll down to SuperMemo, and choose Uninstall
If you cannot find SuperMemo entry in Control Panel, use sm19unin.exe located in the SuperMemo folder (C:\SuperMemo by default).
SuperMemo Uninstall program was designed to remove only the files that have been added at installation. It should not delete your collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc. If you want them removed, you will need to do it manually in your favorite file manager.