Installing SuperMemo (in a minute)
To install SuperMemo on your computer do the following:
- Order and download
- Run the downloaded file sm16inst.exe
- Unlock SuperMemo with your unlock password sent in response to your order (within a business day)
If you are a computer beginner, please read Installing SuperMemo for Beginners. You will find there step-by-step instructions for downloading, copying files, installing learning material as well as upgrading from earlier versions of SuperMemo or updating SuperMemo to the latest release build
in 5 seconds (brute force)
To uninstall, delete the folder in which you installed SuperMemo.
Remember that this will likely delete everything related to SuperMemo: collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc. Deleting the folder manually may still leave 2-3 entries in Windows registry (if you let SuperMemo run in administration mode).
in 30 seconds (intelligent)
You can uninstall SuperMemo (without removing your learning material) if you follow these steps:
- Click Start on the taskbar, then click Control Panel from the Start menu
- In the Control Panel window, click the Programs and Features category
- In the Programs and Features window, in the Uninstall or change a program pane, scroll down to SuperMemo, and click the Uninstall/Change button in the window's toolbar
If you cannot find SuperMemo entry in the Programs and Features window, use sm16unin.exe located in the SuperMemo folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\SuperMemo (Computer administrator) or C:\SuperMemo (Limited account) by default).
SuperMemo Uninstall program was designed to remove only the files that have been added at installation. It should not delete your collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc.