Mouse tab in Options
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The options of this dialog box:
- Edit components - how components can be edited or previewed:
- Edit on Alt+click - clicking components with Alt pressed will make them enter the editing mode. This option has no effect on OLE components when their mouse processing is handled by the OLE server application. For example, if you link an Excel spreadsheet, Excel menu will open with the right-click, etc.
- Edit on click - clicking components will let you edit texts (or drag images). This option is checked by default. You can turn it off if you do not want your students to modify texts while learning. Components that are not mouse-editable are switched to the dragging mode instead. This makes it easier to immediately drag and resize them
- Preview on Ctrl+click - clicking components with Ctrl pressed will open the file associated with the component in the default viewer (plain texts will be opened in the translation dialog box). This option makes it easy to open HTML files in your default web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) with a single mouse click or preview images in the default image viewer
- Drag components - how components can be made draggable:
- On Alt+dblclick - components can be dragged with Alt+arrows upon clicking them twice with Alt pressed. This option has no effect on OLE components in the editing mode. Edited OLE components behave like MS Word for Word documents, like MS Excel for Excel spreadsheets, etc.
- On Ctrl+Shift+drag - components can be dragged when Ctrl and Shift are pressed. Note that it will not work if you attempt to Ctrl+Shift+drag HTML components
- Translation - how to get the translation of text components:
- On mouse move - translations appear when the mouse moves over a given text component
- On middle button click - translations appear when a given text component is clicked with the middle mouse button (or the mouse wheel)
- On Ctrl+click - translations appear in a dedicated dialog box upon Ctrl-clicking text components (this option makes it also possible to edit original texts along with their translations)
- Phonetic transcription - how phonetic transcription of text components is accomplished by using the mouse