- Learning - options affecting the learning process such as: speed of learning, working hours, Algorithm SM-18 reporting, etc.
- Access - options affecting access to data: CD/DVD path, difficulty level, collection password, etc.
- Language - localization options such as: language to which the current collection is translated, SuperMemo interface language, strings used in translating the interface, etc.
- SuperMemo - other options such as: knowledge tree's branch children limit, background image, sound feedback, etc.
- Mouse - interpretation of mouse behavior. For example, how components are edited or translated with the mouse, etc.
- Leeches - options that help you eliminate wrongly formulated items from the learning process. If you choose Wizard, all ill-structured items will open a leech manager dialog that will help you choose optimum processing steps to eliminate problems with difficult items
- Fonts - fonts used in SuperMemo interface, in questions, in answers, in the Contents window, etc.
Global options of SuperMemo are stored in the file supermemo.ini in the SuperMemo subfolder BIN.
Options that affect only the current collection are stored in the file collection.ini in the collection subfolder (named in the same way as the collection). Toolkit : Options will modify both these files and change relevant settings