A status bar, aligned at the bottom of the screen, shows basic learning statistics. Additionally, it features a panel displaying hints related to an element in the SuperMemo user interface the cursor is currently positioned over. Note that you can also find the same statistics, along with many more, in the Statistics window.
The second field shows (Outstanding items + Outstanding topics + Final drill items)/(today's original Outstanding). It illustrates how many outstanding elements scheduled for the current day have yet to be reviewed (the first two numbers connected with a plus sign) or have to be rehearsed yet with the final drill (the third number, if present). For example, (24+2+3)/45 means that out of 45 outstanding elements, 24 items and 2 topics yet have to be reviewed, while 3 items require additional review in final drill.
Note that whether the third final drill statistic is displayed depends on the Toolkit : Options : Learning : Skip final drill setting. When it is on/checked (i.e. the final drill is disabled), the number is no longer shown.
Figure: Status bar displaying information in four panels:
- total number of memorized items (193,411 it) and topics (341,893 top) in the collection
- number of outstanding items (6,159) and topics (2,088) in the total of outstanding elements for the day (19,218). When Learning : Add to outstanding in the browser is used, the number of outstanding elements will increase and their new total will be displayed in parenthesis (8,430). The 183 element difference between the sum of 6,159 items and 2,088 topics is the number of elements the Add to outstanding operation added to the outstanding queue ahead of their scheduled reviews.
- the progress bar shows 56.1% of elements have already been reviewed, postponed or auto-postponed
- The hints panel, when unused, displays current element's statistics:
The progress bar displays the graphic representation of the same information as the second field. The blue color shows the proportion of elements passed successfully today (i.e. passed with the grade Great (5) or Good (4)). The red color shows the proportion of elements passed with the grade less than Good (4). And the white color shows the proportion of elements that have not yet been passed. The aqua percentage number superimposed over the progress bar shows what proportion of outstanding elements have already been reviewed, postponed or auto-postponed.
Hints/Basic element statistics
The right part of the status bar is used to display either:
- hints for elements in the SuperMemo interface (such as menu items, buttons, etc.), or
- the current element's basic statistical parameters.
The hints are displayed when Window : Hints is on/checked (you can easily notice that as they are showed against the yellow background). Otherwise, the panel shows the basic statistics for the current element: interval, priority, number of repetitions, and the dates of the last and next repetitions.
You can also double-click the panel to turn the hints on and off. Note that this is a collection setting. In other words, the hints may be on in one collection while off in the other depending on the value of this setting.